- St. Bernards maintains a state-of-the-art pharmacy serving the entire hospital including ancillary services.
- Our well-stocked pharmacy provides medications and I.V. solutions on a continuous basis and has a pharmacist available 24 hours a day.
- The pharmacy advocates the use of Unit-Dose medication systems to provide identifiable medications up to the point of administration to the patient. This method of distribution ensures safe and accurate delivery of medications to the patient.
- The preparation of intravenous admixtures is a special part of pharmacy functions. In order to ensure aseptic conditions, all intravenous admixtures are prepared in the pharmacy under the protection of a laminar flow hood. This is a system of mechanical and electronic filters that allows the pharmacist to work in a more sterile environment by preventing airborne bacteria from being present during preparation.
- As a source of inspiration to future pharmacists, our pharmacy participates as a preceptor in the training of pharmacy students enrolled at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- The staff pharmacists at St. Bernards are capable and eager to assist physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel in answering pharmaceutical inquiries. Our staff pharmacists are always available for consultation to smaller hospitals and participation in the education of other health professionals.