Facilities and Benefits
- Patients assigned to this 19-bed special wing designed for care and treatment of children have access to facilities and equipment uniquely geared toward the medical needs of young people.
- The wing also houses a critical care observation room adjacent to the central nursing station.
Specially-trained pediatric nurses teach a wide range of classes. These include:
- Infant and child cardiac resuscitation
- Diabetic instruction
- Babysitting classes
- Intensive instructions for parents whose children have breathing difficulties and are subject to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- The pediatric wing at St. Bernards stays on the leading edge of technology and advancements to help children grow, prosper and remain healthy.