- The Radiology Department utilizes current, state-of-the-art equipment and highly skilled, board-certified radiologists and staff personnel to provide a full range of diagnostic medical imaging and interventional radiology services.
Diagnostic X-ray Procedures
- Routine x-rays such as gastrointestinal and skeleton imaging
Nuclear Medicine Procedures
- Traditional and SPECT imaging of the thyroid, liver, spleen and lungs.
- The latest nuclear cardiology procedures such as thallium stress studies and quantitative lung and renal studies.
- The 16 slice scanner handles a variety of procedures including head, chest, abdominal and spinal studies.
- CT-guided biopsies of the liver, lung and thyroid are also available.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Utilizes a 1.5 Tesla magnet to perform a variety of procedures including head, spine and joint studies.
Peripheral Vascular Imaging
- Includes cerebral and peripheral arteriography. Performed at the medical center.
Interventional Radiology Procedures
- Percutaneous transheptic cholangiography
- Common duct stone removal
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Nephrostomies and percutaneous biopsies of bone, soft tissue and lung lesions
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty
- Peripheral atherectomy
Clinical Training Site
- The medical center also serves as a clinical training site for Arkansas State University’s Radiologic Technology Associate Degree Program.