Transitional Care Facility
- The Transitional Care Facility (TCF) serves the care needs of those patients who still have skilled needs but no longer require an acute level of care. The length of stay is determined by the continual evaluation of the skilled needs of the patients and on the average runs 10 to 12 days.
- The Transitional Care Facility (TCF) is a Medicare-approved recuperative care unit.
- It is located on the second floor of the medical center.
Eligible Patients Include:
- Orthopedic patients who have had total hip or knee procedures.
- Patients who are post-CVA.
- Patients who require education about home management of a newly diagnosed disease or a new care modality (i.e. newly diagnosed diabetics, patients with new feeding tubes or ostomies.)
- Geriatric patients: primary case mix because many of these patients have become weak and unstable because of an illness and need physical and/or occupational therapy for strengthening prior to discharge.