105 East Matthews
Jonesboro, AR 72401
If you need to reschedule your appointment for any reason, please call 870.972.4582
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) is your first step to a stress-free hospital experience. This small effort will not only put you at ease about your upcoming procedure, it will also help avoid delays on the day of your admission. During your PAT appointment, a Nurse will perform a physical evaluation, obtain your medical history and note any allergies. They will also answer any questions you may have and provide you with information about your procedure. Any laboratory work and imaging reports are completed or obtained from another physician in advance of your scheduled admission.
St. Bernards Pre-Admission Testing was designed to benefit everyone involved-the patient and their family, the physician or surgeon, the anesthesiologist and the hospital.
Prevent Delays - With your paperwork and testing completed, waiting time is decreased and further anxiety is eliminated on the day of your surgery. Patients who do not schedule a PAT visit could experience unnecessary delays.
Increase Patient and Family Satisfaction - Patients and family members have this one-on-one opportunity with a nurse to ask questions and ease concerns. In addition, the advance completion of paperwork provides our hospital staff with needed information for your care.
* Bring any physician orders with you to the appointment.
* Follow all of your physician’s instructions.
* Bring all necessary insurance information, including your insurance card.
* Be sure to complete any pre-certification required by your insurance company.
* Bring a complete list of any prescribed medications you are currently taking.
* Expect the pre-admission testing process to take up to one hour depending on the tests that have been ordered.
* Fasting is not required for your PAT appointment.